Sonica’s website has been designed to be as easy to use as possible for users with disabilities. Users with a visual impairment can change the text size by adjusting the settings in their browser. Internet Explorer users can access this facility through the View & Text Size menu. Other browsers support this feature by pressing Ctrl and the + or – keys. Please refer to your browser Help if this is not the case. Blind and visually impaired users can also make use of screen readers such as JAWS.
Sonica aims to cater for everyone’s needs and we are committed to ensuring an open and accessible approach to all of the work we present. Alongside discounted tickets for disabled patrons, their carers and personal assistants, Sonica offers a range of facilities to make your visit more enjoyable. Find out about available venue access including: accessible parking, drop off points, entrances, ramps and lifts, wheelchair and mobility scooter provision, assistance dogs and more below…
11 Mitchell Lane, Glasgow, G1 3NU
Tel: +44(0)141 276 5365
Getting to and from the Venue
- The closest accessible parking is located at Mitchell Street NCP Car Park. There is a drop off point to the left of the entrance on Mitchell Street.
- The nearest bus stops to the venue are on Argyle Street, St Vincent Street and Union Street. Buses servicing these stops include: First 6/6A, 7/7A, 9/9A, N9/N9A, 18, 21, 41, 75 or 263.
- The closest train stations are Glasgow Central (3 minutes) & Queen Street (7 minutes). TransPennine Express offer a handy guide to visiting Glasgow by train, or visit National Rail.
- The closest subways are Buchanan Street (4 minutes) & St Enoch (6 minutes).
- There are bike racks located to right and left of the main entrance on Buchanan & Mitchell Street.
- There is one entrance to The Lighthouse on Mitchell Lane.
- The outside pavement is flush with the entrance doors to the building.
- The entrance has a revolving door and a sliding door which operates on a pad.
- There will be a member of box office or front of house staff nearby to offer assistance if required.
Inside the Venue
- There is a lift providing access to levels 1 – 6 with level access on each floor.
- There are accessible toilets on levels 2, 3 and 5, with wide doors for wheelchair access, grab rails, emergency cord, easy-turn taps, lowered sink, hand drying facilities and bin.
- Guide dogs and hearing dogs are welcome.
To request information in alternative formats such as large print or audio described, please call: 0141 354 0544 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org